Special Education Teacher
1. Develop and submit lesson plans in the approved format to the Supervisor by the designated time period. Collaboration with other teachers is encouraged.
2. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying learning styles, needs and interest.
3. Ensure students are demonstrating knowledge and skills through projects and activities
4. Manage a wide array of student needs and behaviors in the classroom and throughout the school.
5. Provides a safe environment for students.
6. Maintain accurate and complete records of student attendance and grades in a timely and confidential manner.
7. Develop and administer formal and informal student assessments in order to evaluate students' progress.
8. Collaborate with parents, staff, and outside professionals concerning students' progress.
9. Supervise students during practice drills.
10. Follow school procedures pertaining to duty assignments such as lunch, hall, recess, and homeroom.
11. Actively participate in team, faculty and parent meetings, workshops, in-service professional development, and other responsibilities as they arise.
12. Provides direction to paraprofessionals.
13. Performs additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Pennsylvania State Teaching Certification in Special Education PK-8 OR Special Education N-12 AND Elementary Education K-6 OR PK-4
- Preferred qualities and attributes include:
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in a special education environment,
- Experience teaching in an elementary education environment,
- Certified in behavior support techniques (QBS, TCI, etc.),
- Skilled in the development and implementation of positive behavior support plans,
- Strong classroom management skills,
- Teaching experience in an Approved Private School environment,
- Contribute to the IEP team as a case manager,
- A commitment to accelerating student achievement,
- A desire to eliminate racial disparities,
- The ability to create a positive school culture,
- The willingness to foster and promote innovation,
- The ability to be a culturally-responsive educator who knows how to leverage students' unique skills, interests, and learning styles to create a learning experience that unequivocally includes and empowers each and every student,
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and energy in making a difference in the lives of students, and
- Proven ability to empathize with students and prepare them to achieve academic excellence and strength of character so they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life.
Interested candidates should apply for available positions by submitting a resume, letter of interest, copies of your clearances and certification to our Human Resources Department via email at Employment@acldtillotsonschool.org