Substitute Teaching Position
The ACLD Tillotson School is an Approved Private School located in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh, PA. The school is licensed to accept students with autism, specific learning disabilities, and neurological impairments. ACLD, Inc. believes that individuals with disabilities are competent, capable individuals who can succeed when appropriate supports are in place. It is the mission of the association to provide educational services that ensure that individuals with disabilities will experience success for a lifetime.
This position is primarily responsible for the planning and provision of education for students.
1. Develop and submit lesson plans in the approved format to the Supervisor by the
designated time period. Collaboration with other teachers is encouraged.
2. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying teaming
styles, needs and interest.
3. Ensure students are demonstrating knowledge and skills through projects and activities.
4. Manage a wide array of student needs and behaviors in the classroom and throughout the school.
5. Provides a safe environment for students.
6. Maintain accurate and complete records of student attendance and grades in a timely and confidential manner.
7. Develop and administer formal and informal student assessments in order to evaluate
8. Collaborate with parents, staff, and outside professionals concerning students' progress.
9. Supervise students during practice drills.
10. Follow school procedures pertaining to duty assignments such as lunch, hall, recess, and homeroom.
11. Actively participate in team, faculty and parent meetings, workshops, in-service professional development, and other responsibilities as they arise.
12. Provides direction to paraprofessionals.
13. Contribute to the IEP team as designated by teaching role -case manager or contributor.
14. Performs additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree and Pennsylvania State Teaching Certification in required content area.
• Must also obtain 24 additional education credits within six years of hire to obtain permanent certification.
• Preferred qualities and attributes include:
o A commitment to accelerating student achievement
o A desire to eliminate racial disparities
o The ability to create a positive school and district culture
o The willingness to foster and promote innovation
-Full time with benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Charlie Scharbo, Project Manager, at 412-892-4878 or email@example.com.