The following position is available for immediate day-to-day substituting:
Special Education Teacher
Description: A special education substitute teacher is a professional educator who is responsible for managing a safe, orderly, and positive classroom environment while the regular teacher is absent. The substitute teacher must effectively manage the classroom and provide instruction for students, while following the regular teacher’s lesson plans and adhering to all school policies and procedures.
Pay: $150.00 per day
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent.
- Review and implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, curriculum objectives, classroom management, and instructional strategies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to all ACLD Tillotson School policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to students, faculty, and staff.
- Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and serious disciplinary problems to school administration as soon as possible.
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Pennsylvania Department of Education: Special Education Certification
- Certification in a Content Area Preferred