All referrals are initiated by the student’s home school district’s Special Education Department. The following documents are required for placement consideration:
- Letter of request for placement
- Current Evaluation Report
- Current Individual Education Program (IEP)
- Current psychological information
- Additional student data upon request
Upon receipt of the required student information:
- The Admissions Committee will meet on a weekly basis to review referrals.
- The school district is contacted as to whether the student is accepted for intake, more information is required, or if the student will be placed on a wait list. The district and parent will then be informed of the decision.
- The family will be sent the enrollment information which can be returned at the time of the intake meeting.
- A start date is set which is dependent on transportation coordination and district approval.
- A revision to the student’s IEP is scheduled within 45 days of the student’s first day of attendance.
It is the policy of The ACLD Tillotson School to offer admission and provide services to students, and employ staff without discriminating based on race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry or disability.