The ACLD Tillotson School contracts the services of a licensed, certified school psychologist who provides psychological services which include:
- Administering psychological and educational tests, and other assessment procedures;
- Interpreting assessment results;
- Obtaining, integrating, and interpreting information about child behavior and conditions relating to learning;
- Consulting with other staff members in planning school programs to meet the special needs of children as indicated by psychological tests, interview, and behavior evaluations;
- Planning and managing a program of psychological services, including psychological counseling for children and parents; and
- Assisting in the development of positive behavioral intervention strategies.
Our licensed certified school psychologist provides psychological services directly or indirectly. Direct services are those services provided face-to-face to the service recipient (e.g., student, family, or educator). Indirect services are those services that are provided by someone else under the direction or as a result of the skills and expertise of the qualified professional.
The level and frequency of psychological services is determined by the IEP team and implemented by the school psychologist, in collaboration with the school team